The only way you are viewing this page is if you have considered signing up for my email list, but wanted to hear some more reasons as to why you should follow me on this blog.
I don’t blame you for wanting more information… but listen, there is a reason why you are interested in what I have to say. There is a reason why you are curious. There is a reason why you are thirsty for more.
1. Because I am actually doing what I am writing about. I am actually learning languages and traveling to foreign lands (now Colombia). I am not some vicarious book-swapper.
2. Because I actually will engage with you. I reply to every comment and every email I receive. And, if we are in the same city, I would love to meet you in person! (Easiest way is to tweet at me @ryangoesabroad.)
3. Because I share really good stuff. Right now I am working on a “learn Spanish” tool which you will be able to download, but you have to be subscribed to hear about it. Oh, and my posts? Check out the compendium 50 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Traveling.
4. Because I don’t believe in hype. “Learn a language in just a couple months?” “Travel the world on pennies a day?” You won’t see any of this hype on my blog. I believe in great accomplishments, but I don’t believe in misleading people to make them think things are easier than they are.
5. Because I am not just another travel writer. The term travel writer is an incomplete description of what I do on this blog. I am more interested in new experiences, guerrilla learning, and realization of freedom than writing (or reading) generic travel reports. (For example: Your Time Is Now)
It’s not everyday that you come across a blogger with all this juicy stuff so neatly arranged into one package. So there’s really non reason not to get updates via email.
I only send out quality, information-dense emails. They provide updates on me, my blog, and awesome things I want to share with you. I promise you won’t get too many emails from me, and you will NEVER get spam.
So, jump on in… After all, it’s the simplest way to stay up to date with me.