Are you curious about going abroad yourself? Here’s how you do it…
For real, don’t just sit around wondering when you might go somewhere. Pick a place you’ve always wanted and buy a freakin’ plane ticket.
This is really the only advice you need. Once you have a departure date paid for, you’ll figure everything out– It’s the best advice you can get from someone: just go. 🙂
I share other tips and ninja tactics for travelers on my email list. If you would like them delivered straight to you, enter your name and email and we’ll be in touch.
Extra Juicy Posts
Here are some posts I wrote that people have resonated with.
- 50 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Traveling
My most popular post of all time.
- Your Time Is Now
A wake up call to stop postponing life.
- Something I Should Have Done 10 Years Ago
…that I finally did.
- How To Conquer Pre-Trip Anxiety
My guest post featured on USA Today Travel.
Tips On Going Abroad
Here are some notes I made in the process of going abroad.
- 10 Things You Should Know Before You Move To South America
- Danger Is Part Of The Package (Welcome To South America)
- Why I’m Beginning To Re-Think South America For Nomadic Entrepreneurs
- 8 Reasons To Go Abroad Before You’re Ready To
- Four Caricatures Of Geo-Arbitrage (Or, How Your Travel Lifestyle Can Determine Your Costs)
- Want To Go Abroad? Step Into The On-Deck Circle
- Why You Should Absolutely Positively Take Your Precious MacBook Abroad
- 10 Reasons You Should Go Abroad This Year
- How You’ve Lost 30% Of Your Wealth But Didn’t Know It (Or, Why You Should Learn About Currencies & Exchange Rates)
- How My Life Has Significantly Changed After My First Trip Abroad
- Lessons Learned After My First 100 Days Abroad
- What I Wish I Knew When I Started Traveling: The Rest Of The Story
- What The Super Bowl Can Teach You About Travel And Culture
- My Travel Into Colombia: 2 Things I Did Wrong and 1 Thing I Did Right
- 4 Packing Questions I Have for Experienced Travelers
- Does Going Abroad Make You More Affectionate?
Reflections On Travel
Here are a few thoughts on travel and things that might happen while you’re at it.
- Limiting Travel For The Sake Of Maximizing It
- The Incredible Power Of A Reference Point (Or, Why I Only Spent A Week In Chile)
- Why Fast Internet Is Worth Re-Locating For (Do The Math)
- Complaining Isn’t Bad. Action-less Complaining Is.
- You Don’t Need To Live In Every City
- Does Travel Make You Age?
- Accelerating The Search For Liveable Cities
- How Long Does It Take To Decide If You Would Live In A Place?
- To See The World Or To Find Something
- The Effect Of Long Term Travel On Relationships
- How To Minimize Your Theft Exposure While Abroad (Part 2)
- How To Minimize Your Theft Exposure While Abroad (Part 1)
- Why You Will Break Your iPhone Abroad And What You Can Do To Prevent It
- The Simple Way To Enjoy Your Travel
Here are the guest posts I’ve written for other blogs and websites.
- How To Go Abroad In One Easy Step: Get A Freakin’ Departure Date
My guest post over at 1 Year Sabbatical.